William Wallace - April 8, 2021
Is there a way to unselect a ch from being scanned? Without using chirp?
Thanks for this. With 3 different radios= firmware, using chirp for simple things can actually be more tedious.
Josh CentersContributor - April 10, 2021
No, sorry. You need to use CHIRP for that.
asterisk john - August 1, 2021
You don’t have to go through all that to program a repeater.
1. Set radio in frequency mode, type in the receive frequency.
2. Store it via menu 27 in a free channel (display only a number, ch001 is occupied channel)
3. In menu 13? Set the PL-tone.
4. In frequency mode (you should still be in that mode) type in the transmit frequency and store it in menu 27 in the channel slot you used in step 2.
No need to store the offset, go through the + or – deflection.
In this way you can also easily program ham satellites that use VHF for up- and UHF for downlink or vice versa.
Robert LarsonContributor - August 6, 2021
I’m printing off your instructions on a small card to include with my radio as a quick reference. Thanks!
- News for week of 2023-02-06 - 17 mins ago
- News for week of 2023-01-30 (all current event convos go here). - 4 hours ago
- Some chores are better than others - 5 hours ago
- Community Challenge: Bags for the Unprepared / Mercy Bags - 10 hours ago
- Harvest Right Food Dryer review & notes - 22 hours ago
This forum is heavily moderated to keep things valuable to as many people as possible. Full community policies are here. The basics:
- 1. Be nice to each other.
- 2. Stay focused on prepping.
- 3. Avoid politics, religion, and other arguments.
- 4. No unfounded conspiracies, fake news, etc.
- 5. Debate ideas, not people.