AAG - August 19, 2020
Just coming across your site in last last 2 days.
This is a great article! Lost my roof during hurricane Charley. No power for 2 weeks (no gas stations could pump gas, either). We must have had a microburst near my house, bc my friend just a mile or 2 down the road never lost power! Needless to say, I was NOT prepared except basic Florida “batten down the hatches” (plywood on windows, bathtub full of water). Grateful for my friends opening up their house to me and my 2 kids. But I NEVER want to feel that helpless again!
The chaos at the stores and the gas stations even when there is a “disturbance” in the tropics is enough to make people go crazy. So much smarter to have your necessities on hand at all times.
ps-why didn’t I ever think outside of the box, i.e. sparkling water, bakery breads???? DUH!
Ef Rodriguez - August 19, 2020
Glad you found us — welcome! We work really hard to provide info from solid sources so that you feel less helpless.
We’re actually working on more ways for people to contribute and/or learn from the site. A lot of that activity is already taking place on the forum, which I encourage you to check out!
Carlotta SusannaStaff - December 9, 2021
I just found out about an ocean drone that, in a word first, captured footage from inside a hurricane (Hurricane Sam). It doesn’t add anything to the discussion, but I thought it very interesting (and terrifying) to watch.
pint of beer - December 9, 2021
what’s unnerving is that there probably have been sailors over the years who have got caught in a hurricane and have seen this perspective before.
very interesting video and something I never would have seen if they hadn’t recorded that.
- California megafloods! New research, articles, prepping challenges, etc. - 13 mins ago
- Endure: A tabletop RPG for preppers - 25 mins ago
- Buying extra supplies as a hedge against inflation and be better prepared - 4 hours ago
- Any advice on potato/root storage cellar? - 8 hours ago
- Low round count drills for measuring your shooting proficiency - 1 day ago
This forum is heavily moderated to keep things valuable to as many people as possible. Full community policies are here. The basics:
- 1. Be nice to each other.
- 2. Stay focused on prepping.
- 3. Avoid politics, religion, and other arguments.
- 4. No unfounded conspiracies, fake news, etc.
- 5. Debate ideas, not people.