Free FEMA webinar with TP and myself

Excited to share that FEMA has partnered with The Prepared to improve their public content and training! (How many other “prepper websites” can say that?!

Our first webinar is in a week, Wednesday July 13th from 1-2:30ish US Eastern. A recording will be available after, which I’ll share here.

Update: Link to recording.

Registration: https://fema.connectsolutions.com/theprepared/event/registration.html

Their announcement: 

2022-07 FEMA TP Webinar

I’ll teach/soapbox for 45 mins or so, then up to 45 mins of Q&A. We’ll cover the modern preparedness framework TP’s credited with popularizing, show specific gear examples, talk about skills and next steps, and so on. Basically a crash course for both personal prepping and how to teach others / be a community leader.

If you’re already familiar with TP’s teachings, there won’t be anything new (I’m essentially teaching what’s already on our website), but you’re of course welcome to join anyway — there will be a few hundred leaders from various CERT organizations, leaders of big FEMA chapters like New York City, and so on. 

• Comments (14)

Congrats! 🎊🎉 

I’m very excited and proud for you and all the contributors, great job!!!

Darn it!  I have an all-day work thing. Congratulations and good luck! 

Congratulations! This is the result of a lot of dedicated work on your part!

big time! excited.

Your story and upcoming presentation made it into the Federal Executive Board email notifications to all the federal government POCs in that region.  Hopefully they pushed it down to the workforce. Congratulations!   

Just a quick reminder that this presentation starts in an hour. 🙂

I’m getting excited!!

Is a recording available? Couldn’t attend live

It’s too late for me to watch, but this is good. Sweden is urging its citizens to learn preparedness and prepping, in case things heat up with Russia. A good, functional government and a good, functional populace are better together than having either side collapse. I had no idea FEMA had so many prepping type webinars, or that it had different levels, one of which is Individuals and Communities. 

For those who missed the live webinar, here is a link to the recording.

Thanks, Gideon! I just watched it and thought it was awesome! 

One of the most interesting bits for me was when John talked about why TP was designed the way it is— i.e., as a free-standing website, not based in social media. I would not have thought of any of that, but it makes so much sense! Good call!