Gideon ParkerStaff - January 15, 2022
The eruption was so large it could been seen from space.
Bill Masen - January 15, 2022
Santa Cruz CA
Coaster - January 15, 2022
That’s some crazy footage. My cousins husband is from Tonga (lives here in the US) & so far he’s only been able to reach one family member who said they were having trouble breathing with all of the ash in the air. When I heard that it made me start counting in my head the amount of respirators I have on hand. I live on the Oregon coast & we got lucky here. I think our highest tsunami wave this morning was like 1 ft. Every time something like this happens though it gives me a kick in the butt to make sure I’ve got all of my preps in order.
Bill Masen - January 16, 2022
The undersea phone / comms cable to Tonga is damaged apparently and the dirt in the air is disrupting Sat phones and radios
- California megafloods! New research, articles, prepping challenges, etc. - 45 mins ago
- Endure: A tabletop RPG for preppers - 57 mins ago
- Buying extra supplies as a hedge against inflation and be better prepared - 5 hours ago
- Any advice on potato/root storage cellar? - 8 hours ago
- Low round count drills for measuring your shooting proficiency - 1 day ago
This forum is heavily moderated to keep things valuable to as many people as possible. Full community policies are here. The basics:
- 1. Be nice to each other.
- 2. Stay focused on prepping.
- 3. Avoid politics, religion, and other arguments.
- 4. No unfounded conspiracies, fake news, etc.
- 5. Debate ideas, not people.