Update: Costco has Mountain House 15 pouch set for $80 ($5.33/pouch) 4/28-5/25/23

UPDATE:  Thanks to Bill Gabriel!   This assortment now has an additional $20 off coupon.   Now you may purchase the 15 pouch Emergency Meal Assortment for $79.99.   The discount will apply to each kit ordered.  (If you order 3 kits, you will get $60 off the $99 list price.)  

Mountain House Emergency Meal Kit 15-Pouch Assortment

1 pouch = 1 meal (never go by servings for any emergency food, they have trickster marketing in the entire emergency food industry).  15 pouches for $79.99 = $5.33 each pouch.  This is the lowest I’ve see in 4+ years on MH backpacking pouches.    These are perfect to put in Go-Bags.    (I  also put water filters in each family members’ Go-Bag (Sawyer Mini, Seychelle, Lifestraw) so if we are unable to carry last-minute water, we can safely obtain and filter water elsewhere to rehydrate the meals.) 

For bulk food storage, best-bang-for-your-buck, 30 year food if you plan to shelter-in-place, the Latter Day Saints offer superb value.    I wrote this forum post 3 months ago. 

Low Cost Long Term Storage Foods from Latter Day Saints/Morman Food Storage Centers

• Comments (11)

I agree, that is a pretty good deal. Last time it was on sale like this we got some for our bags as well. I did some of the different math as well and like you said it is a pretty good deal. Being a member of the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints I also like that food storage. As the Mandalorian said (with slight modification), “[Food storage] is part of my religion.” 😉

This is the Way.

This is the Way.

Amen! <3

My love and usage of Mountain House goes back to the 90s for hiking and camping, way before I became a prepper. Thanks for the head’s up! This is a great deal. During the pandemic, they were completely sold out. It was interesting watching that, as well as the price increase, beginning January of 2020.

Its now $79.99 until 5/25. Stock up 🙂

@Bill Gabriel – Dang!   That’s freakin’ amazing.   Good catch.

Do you know how to change the post title to reflect the new lower price and the time it expires?   (I don’t have a clue.)

“Do you know how to change the post title”

I’ve done this before but I no longer see “edit” buttons on my posts. Probably that option has been removed.

Thanks Eric, I figured it out.  

Where was the edit button? Part of the “…” menu?

Thanks so much –  just ordered mine in time. 🙂